Are you interested in studying architecture but find yourself in need of some more funding? Take a look at these architecture scholarships available all over the world, organized by region…
Please keep in mind that most of the scholarships on this page are for masters or doctoral-level study. This is partial because architecture is most usually taught at the postgraduate level. On the other hand, there are also certain rewards available for undergraduates.
Please note that this page is updated yearly, and because the sponsors or institutions that open these scholarships may often change the period in which they accept applications, we may not keep up with these updates due to the volume of scholarships we publish here. Therefore, this page is basically intended to show you the endless opportunities you have to get a scholarship to study anywhere in the world. Simply click on the link to the scholarship you want to check the deadline for on the official website. Or click here to access our list of current scholarships.
Architecture scholarships to study in the US and Canada
- Kate Neal Kinley Memorial Fellowship – Scholarships include an award of up to US$20,000 in architectural design and one of up to $9,000 in art, architecture, dance, landscape architecture, theatre, or urban and regional planning for US students. Open to graduates of the College of Fine and Applied Arts of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and graduates of similar institutions of equal educational standing.
- The American Institute of Architects – Various architecture scholarships are available for both current undergraduates and current postgraduate students, based on academic performance.
- Yale School of Architecture – Open to both US and non-US citizens who wish to study at the Yale School of Architecture, and who demonstrate financial need.
- Texas A&M University College of Architecture – Various scholarships are available for current undergraduate and graduate students in the department of architecture.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois School of Architecture – A range of international/domestic scholarships to study architecture at the university.
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln College of Architecture – A range of architecture scholarships are available for both soon-to-be freshmen of the university and current students.
- University of Southern California School of Architecture – Various scholarships available for students of different backgrounds, at undergraduate and graduate levels including a merit-based scholarship ranging from 10 to 75 percent of tuition fees.
- Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA) Scholarship for Students of the University of Guelph – The OALA provides an award of CA$ 2,000 for a student who has completed the third semester of the Master of Landscape Architecture program. Two recipients are selected based on academic achievement, performance in the design studio, and leadership contributions.
- Royal Architectural Institute of Canada Foundation Scholarships – The RAIC Foundation administers a wide variety of awards, scholarships, and bursaries for students, awarded annually.
- LACF National Scholarships – The Landscape Architecture Canada Foundation offers two scholarships for students of landscape architecture across Canada. LACF welcomes applications from underrepresented groups including women, First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and people with disabilities.
Architecture scholarships to study in Europe
- ECA Taught Masters Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh – Graduate scholarships offered by the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, UK, for master’s students enrolling in the schools of architecture, art, design, history of art, or music.
- Oxford Brookes University – The Hodgkinson Scholarship is available to School of Architecture applicants only, with two awards per year available to students from any country.
- Ph.D. in Architecture Studentship at the University of Strathclyde – Studentships available to cover the home tuition fee, or international fee for many awards, as well as a maintenance grant, for up to three and a half years. All applicants should have (or expect to obtain) a first/upper second-class degree in a relevant discipline and demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing research in this field.
- University of Kent Postgraduate Scholarships – Various scholarships are available to study architecture at the postgraduate level at the University of Kent.
- The University of Bradford undergraduate scholarship – International students can benefit from a £7,500 reduction on yearly tuition fees and domestic students can receive a cash bursary of £2,000.
- UCL Bartlett School of Architecture scholarships – A range of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for architecture students at University College London.
- Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) School of Architecture Sir Richard Morrison Scholarship – Awards of €3,000 to support students of academic excellence in their bachelor’s degree in architecture at DIT.
- DAAD Scholarships for International Graduates in the Field of Architecture – Scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate students wishing to complete additional studies in architecture at a German university. You need to be either a US/Canadian citizen or have obtained your last degree in the US or Canada.
Architecture scholarships to study in Asia
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarships – The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation (SNCF) offers scholarships for technical courses at the postgraduate level for commendable students who have an offer of a place to study at any Indian university.
Architecture scholarships to study in Australia and New Zealand
- University of New South Wales Architecture Scholarships – Various postgraduate and travel scholarships to study architecture at the University of New South Wales (UNSW).
- University of Sydney Architecture Scholarships – A range of scholarships to study architecture at the undergraduate or postgraduate level at the University of Sydney, some of which may only be open to domestic students.
- The University of Auckland David Howell Master of Architecture (Professional) Scholarship – Available to New Zealand citizens or permanent residents only, this scholarship is awarded to full-time students starting their first year of the Master of Architecture (Professional) course at the University of Auckland. The scholarship is awarded based on academic merit and financial need.
- Unitec Institute of Technology Fred Tschopp Landscape Architecture Scholarship – Worth one full year’s tuition fees, this scholarship is awarded based on candidates’ potential in landscape architecture and potential to fulfill the legacy of landscape architect Fred Tschopp Snr. To apply, you’ll need to submit a portfolio and a two-page written statement.
Architecture scholarships to study anywhere in the world
- ACI Foundation Graduate Scholarships for International Students – Scholarships of US$3000-$5000 are available for graduates who wish to study an engineering, architecture, or material science postgraduate program. Applications are accepted from anywhere in the world, but the graduate program must be recognized/accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).