You’ll be glad to hear that there are government-sponsored, nonprofit organizations and particular colleges offering foreign scholarships for Indian students if you’re an Indian student looking for possibilities to study abroad.
Below is a list of several scholarships that Indian students can use to study abroad, broken down by the type of aid and where the student wants to go to school. If none of these is a good fit for you, you may find additional choices by looking through our main lists and category of study abroad scholarships. Regarding your applications, good luck!
Please note that this page is updated yearly, and because the sponsors or institutions that open these scholarships may often change the period in which they accept applications, we may not keep up with these updates due to the volume of scholarships we publish here. Therefore, this page is basically intended to show you the endless opportunities you have to get a scholarship to study anywhere in the world. Simply click on the link of the scholarship you want to check the deadline for on the official website. Or click here to access our list of current scholarships.
To study anywhere:
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships – Scholarships for Indian students to study abroad in North America or Europe. Applicants must be under 30 and reside in India at the time of application. For undergraduate and postgraduate study. Other restrictions apply.
To study in Asia:
- Aichi Scholarship Program for Asian Students in Japan – Various scholarships for Indian students studying at the graduate level in Aichi Prefectural government-approved manufacturing programs in Japan.
- DST A*STAR Scholarships – A range of scholarships for Indian students within the fields of science and technology to study at undergraduate, postgraduate, or graduate levels in Singapore.
- Hinrich Foundation scholarships – Hinrich Foundation aims to advance sustainable global trade. It offers scholarships to study in locations across Asia to improve the prosperity of the continent.
- Prof. Emeritus Madan Mohan Das Memorial Scholarship – Indian students can receive a registration fee for four semesters and 24 credits toward a master’s degree program in the School of Engineering and Technology at the Asian Institute of Technology.
Recommended: International Scholarships for Indian Undergraduate Students
To study in Australia:
- The University of Adelaide Ashok Khurana Scholarship for Indian Students – Scholarships available for Indian students who are undertaking postgraduate study in selected fields at the University of Adelaide.
- University of Queensland School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences Indian Scholarship – Covers 25 percent of tuition fees, student services, and amenities fees for Indian students starting a postgraduate degree in the School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences.
- University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney) Future of Change India Scholarship – A scholarship for an Indian citizen who has been accepted to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at UNSW Sydney. As part of your application, you’ll need to submit a short video of you discussing how the scholarship will help you reach your goals.
To study in Europe:
- UCD Global Graduate Scholarships for Indian Students in Ireland – Funding opportunities for Indian students at the graduate level studying at University College Dublin in Ireland.
- Orange Tulip Scholarship – Grants are available for Indian students to study in the Netherlands at the bachelor’s or master’s level at selected participating universities.
- Campus France Charpak Scholarship – A scholarship for an Indian national to study in France at the master’s level. You should be 30 or under and be a current student or currently employed in India. There is also a Raman Charpak Scholarship available for Ph.D. students to carry out part of their research work at a French institution for up to six months.
- British Council GREAT scholarships for Indian Students – A selection of scholarships are offered by the British Council, to support Indian students applying to study abroad in the UK.
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships – For Indian students who wish to study in the UK. Open to doctoral students, research students, and visiting fellows.
- Heriot-Watt International Student Scholarships – Open to all international students enrolling in September or January. Over £500,000 in scholarships will be awarded as £1,500 fee abatements.
- LSE Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) – Five awards are available to international students from commonwealth countries (including India) to study at the postgraduate level at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- Ms. Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship at St. Antony’s College – Indian government fellowship offered to Indian students pursuing study at the University of Oxford’s St. Antony’s College in the field of history, economics, and political science. Only available to high-achieving postgraduate research students.
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) Scholarships – Open to Indian students at any degree level to study at Oxford University or the University of Cambridge in the UK.
- Saltire Scholarships – Scholarships for students from Canada, the US, India, and China to study in Scotland at any degree level.
- Sussex India Scholarships – Opportunities to gain funding at the University of Sussex in the UK for Indian students at the master’s degree level.
- University of Lincoln India Scholarship – Scholarships are available for high-achieving Indian postgraduate students, offered in the form of £5,000 tuition fee reductions.
- The University of Oxford Felix Scholarships for Indian Students – Graduate-level funding opportunities for Indian students studying at the University of Oxford.
- University of Sheffield – A range of scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate Indian students who show strong academic potential.
- The University of Southampton Scholarships for Indian students – Three awards for Indian students including the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation loan scholarships and GREAT Scholarships.
- UWE International Scholarships – UWE Bristol University in the UK is offering undergraduate and postgraduate tuition fee discount scholarships for students from several countries, including India.
To study in the US:
- Chicago Booth School of Business – The Ramakrishnan Family Scholarship and Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship are both available for Indian students who apply to study for a full-time MBA at the school.
- Cornell University Tata Scholarship – Scholarships for Indian citizens who have been accepted to study an undergraduate program at Cornell University.
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships – Offering funds to outstanding Indian students wishing to pursue study at any level within an accredited US institution.
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian students – Scholarships for Indian students to study at Stanford Graduate School of Business in the MBA program. To be eligible students must return to India within two years of completing their studies.