You are in luck if you are a student from Pakistan who is looking for funding to study in another country; there is a wide variety of international scholarships available to study in some of the most popular study destinations in the world, such as the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and Canada.
Please see the following for a variety of current alternatives that have been developed with Pakistani students in mind. If none of these scholarships work for you, you may discover many more opportunities on this page.
Please note that this page is updated yearly, and because the sponsors or institutions that open these scholarships may often change the period in which they accept applications, we may not keep up with these updates due to the volume of scholarships we publish here. Therefore, this page is basically intended to show you the endless opportunities you have to get a scholarship to study anywhere in the world. Simply click on the link to the scholarship you want to check the deadline for on the official website. Or click here to access our list of current scholarships.
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan – Government scholarships, mostly at the graduate level, to study abroad in a range of countries such as the US, the UK, Australia, Germany, France, and more.
- The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program – A learning program for Asian students to enhance their leadership skills and international exposure by studying in Asia and the US.
- The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Ph.D. Foreign Scholarships – Scholarships for Pakistani students to study a Ph.D. at any of the top 50 universities in the QS World University Rankings®, covering tuition fees, room and board, airfare, and health insurance. You must be no older than 35 and meet the other eligibility requirements.
To study in the UK:
- Anne Marie Schimmel Scholarship – A scholarship for a Pakistani woman to study a master’s in any subject in the UK, with the commitment to return to Pakistan to make a genuine contribution in their chosen field.
- Brunel University London – As well as offering scholarships to all international students, Brunel University London offers country-specific scholarships for Pakistani students at all study levels.
- CELFS Academic Achievement Scholarship at the University of Bristol – A scholarship for Pakistani students studying at the International Foundation Program at the Centre for English Languages and Foundation Studies (CELFS) who progress to an undergraduate program at the University of Bristol.
- Charles Wallace Pakistan Trust Scholarships – A UK charity offering scholarships to study in the UK to Pakistani doctoral students, graduate researchers, or visiting fellows.
- Scotland Saltire Scholarships – International scholarships for Pakistani students to study at any university in Scotland at all study levels in various universities. The scholarships are targeted at the priority sectors of creative industries, life sciences, technology, financial services, and renewable and clean energy.
- The Bestway Foundation Scholarship at the University of Kent – Postgraduate scholarships for Pakistani students to study a full-time program in science, technology, engineering, or math. All applicants with an offer will be automatically considered.
- The University of Birmingham Scholarships for Pakistani Students – A variety of part-fee scholarships are available to Pakistani students, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, such as the Success Factor Pakistan Outstanding Achievement Scholarships for undergraduates commencing their studies in September 2019.
- University of Sheffield – A range of undergraduate and graduate scholarships for Pakistani students to study in the UK at the University of Sheffield.
- The University of Sussex Pakistan Scholarships – A scholarship for a Pakistani student to study any full-time taught master’s program at the University of Sussex and to receive a £3,000 (US$3,900) tuition fee reduction.
To study in the US and Canada:
- Golden Gate University Bita Daryabari Scholarship – A scholarship for female Middle Eastern students, including students from Pakistan, to study for an MBA at Golden Gate University in San Francisco.
- United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) – A range of fellowships for Pakistani students to study in the US at all study levels. You’ll need a strong level of academic achievement, and to be under 25 if applying for the Global Undergraduate Program.
- Queen’s University Mehran Bibi Sheikh Memorial Entrance Scholarship – A scholarship awarded based on academic excellence, with preference given to Pakistani students. The university offers more international scholarships and you can browse them on the same page.
To study in Australia:
- Griffith University International Student Excellence Scholarship – Undergraduate and graduate scholarships for high-achieving Nepalese or Pakistani students to study at Griffith University in Queensland, Australia.
- University of Wollongong International Scholarships – Students from Pakistan are among those eligible for the university’s international scholarships, including the 2019 UOW Sydney Business School Bursary Scheme, to study for a master’s in business.
To study in Germany:
- DAAD Scholarship Database – A range of scholarships for Pakistani students to study in Germany, offered by the DAAD and other sources.
To study in Asia:
- The Project for Human Resource Development Scholarship by Japanese Grant Aid (JDS) – 18 scholarships are available for Pakistani students to study for a master’s degree in English at an eligible Japanese university.