Women make up a relatively insignificant portion of the workforce in STEM-related fields all around the world, and the situation is not much different in other male-dominated fields such as business. Will the difference between men and women in fields that have always been dominated by men change?
It would seem that the answer is yes, but only gradually.
In the United Kingdom, the number of women applying to study engineering, computer science, medicine, and dentistry has gone up by more than 7 percent, 33 percent, and 30 percent, respectively, since 2019.
Several organizations provide financial aid in the form of scholarships to women who are getting ready to enter male-dominated fields, which helps speed up the process. Mentoring, specialized events and seminars are some of the other types of help that are often given along with financial help.
Below is a list of international and local scholarships for women who work in male-dominated fields like engineering, technology, and business. These scholarships are available worldwide and in particular regions.
Please note that this page is updated yearly, and because the sponsors or institutions that open these scholarships may often change the period in which they accept applications, we may not keep up with these updates due to the volume of scholarships we publish here. Therefore, this page is basically intended to show you the endless opportunities you have to get a scholarship to study anywhere in the world. Simply click on the link to the scholarship you want to check the deadline for on the official website. Or click here to access our list of current scholarships.
Scholarships for women in engineering and science
- AOE National Foundation Scholarships – Scholarships for women in engineering or technical science-related programs at universities in the US.
- BHW Women in STEM Academic Scholarship – US scholarships for women pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a STEM subject.
- British Council scholarships for women in STEM – In partnership with 26 UK universities to benefit women from the Americas, South Asia, South East Asia, Egypt, Turkey, and Ukraine, these scholarships provide support for women in STEM who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women.
- AIAA Lockheed Martin Marillyn Hewson Scholarship – US scholarships for women studying STEM subjects and demonstrating financial need. Awarded by the AIAA Foundation.
- L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Awarded to female students within India to encourage and support young women to pursue their careers in science.
- Science Ambassador Scholarship – A full tuition scholarship for a woman in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, funded by Cards Against Humanity. You don’t need to be a US citizen to apply.
- Southern Automotive Women’s Forum Scholarship – Scholarships for women in engineering and other STEM-related degree subjects, for students who wish to pursue careers in the automotive industry upon graduation. For citizens of states within the Southern US.
- SWE Scholarship Program– US scholarships for women in engineering from the Society of Women Engineers.
- Women’s Engineering Society Awards – Scholarships for women in engineering studying in the UK.
- Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) Scholarships – Undergraduate and graduate scholarships for women pursuing careers in transportation.
Scholarships for women in technology
- Anita. B funding for women in computing – AnitaB.org recognizes the accomplishments of women in computing through a variety of awards and grants.
- Palantir Scholarships for Women in Technology – International scholarships for women in STEM subjects.
- VIP Women In Technology Scholarship (WITS) – For women wishing to study in the fields of IT, computer science, management information systems, and related fields. Available to US citizens only.
Scholarships for women in business
- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship – International scholarships for women in business wishing to study business management at undergraduate and master’s levels.
- Wilmington Women in Business Fresh Start Scholarship – Scholarships for women in business, particularly aimed at professional women returning to education. For US citizens.
- Paybotic Women in Finance and Technology Scholarship – This scholarship seeks to boost prosperity and innovation by supporting female students and reducing gender gaps in leadership.
Other scholarships for women in male-dominated industries
- Laurels Fund Scholarships – Scholarships for women pursuing a Ph.D. in accounting.
- Skills 4 UK Scholar’s Award – Open to female students entering the final year of university in the UK who are on track for a 2.1 or above. The winner receives a place in Skills 4 UK’s award-winning Career Development Programme.