Have you ever considered attending school in Australia? Are you excited about the idea of going to school in Australia at a top school and spending your time barbecuing, surfing, and doing other outdoor things? This list of available scholarships in Australia gives you the chance you’ve been waiting for.
Here is a list of scholarships that the Australian government, private organizations, and universities offer to international students who want to study at the bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level in Australia.
Please note that this page is updated yearly, and because the sponsors or institutions that open these scholarships may often change the period in which they accept applications, we may not keep up with these updates due to the volume of scholarships we publish here. Therefore, this page is basically intended to show you the endless opportunities you have to get a scholarship to study anywhere in the world. Simply click on the link to the scholarship you want to check the deadline for on the official website. Or click here to access our list of current scholarships.
Government-funded Australian scholarships for international students
- Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) – Scholarships to study in Australia for students of all degree levels (bachelor, master, Ph.D.) hailing from selected countries within the Asia-Pacific region, Africa, and the Middle East. Applicants from Indonesia can also apply for the Allison Sudradjat Prize and/or the Hadi Soesastro Prize.
- Destination Australia awards – Over 1,000 scholarships of up to AU$ 15,000 per student per year are available to both domestic and international students to study at all study levels at universities in regional Australia.
- Research Training Program (RTP) – Postgraduate-level Australian scholarships for domestic and international students to study for a research degree at a participating Australian university.
University-specific Australian scholarships for international students
- Australian Catholic University International Student Scholarships – Scholarships for commencing international undergraduate and postgraduate students, awarded based on academic merit.
- Australian National University – Various scholarships are available for international students at all study levels, which can be found using a search tool on the university site.
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) – Tuition fee scholarships available for masters or Ph.D. students enrolled at the University of Adelaide.
- Curtin University International Research Scholarships – International scholarships for students undertaking master’s or Ph.D. programs at Curtin University in Perth. The university is also offering three AU$10,000 Meng Fei Innovative Future Leader Scholarships for international undergraduate and masters by coursework students.
- Deakin University – A search tool for finding scholarships to study at Deakin University in Melbourne.
- Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) – Australian scholarships to study at Flinders University in Adelaide. Awarded to master’s and Ph.D. research students, based on merit.
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) – Scholarships for international students to study at La Trobe University in Melbourne. Open to high-achieving students from outside Australia or New Zealand who are enrolled in any taught undergraduate or postgraduate program. The scholarship lasts a maximum of two semesters.
- Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships – Partial tuition fee scholarships available to “outstanding” international students to study in Australia at Macquarie University in Sydney. Not open to students from Europe, ASEAN countries, Mongolia, Australia, or New Zealand.
- Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) – Scholarships for high-achieving domestic and international students to undertake a master’s research program at the University of Melbourne.
- Monash University International Scholarships for Excellence – Merit-based scholarships for undergraduate and graduate international students to study in Australia at Monash University in Melbourne.
- Rotary Peace Fellowships – Australian scholarships awarded to master’s degree students studying within one of Rotary’s Peace Centers (such as at the University of Queensland, Australia).
- the University of Sydney International Scholarships – Various Australian scholarships open to international undergraduate students studying at the University of Sydney. There are also scholarships open to postgraduate students.
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS) – Australian scholarships for postgraduate students to study in Australia at the University of Newcastle.
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ) Greater China International Student Bursary – Five bursaries worth up to AU$ 5,000 are available for undergraduate or postgraduate students from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan.
- the University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS) – Scholarships for international students undertaking research programs (master’s or Ph.D.) at the University of Sydney.
- the University of Western Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships – Research scholarships for master’s and Ph.D. students to study in Australia at the University of Western Australia. Covers tuition fees, a fortnightly stipend for living expenses, and health insurance.
- UTS International Undergraduate Full Tuition Scholarship – UTS will pay each recipient’s tuition fees for the approved bachelor’s degree for the duration of the scholarship. The scholarship lasts for the standard number of sessions required for completion of the recipient’s enrolled undergraduate course based on a full-time study load. There’s also an equivalent postgraduate scholarship.
- Victoria University International Scholarships – A range of scholarships for international students, such as the VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
Other Australian scholarships for international students
- International Water Centre Scholarships for International Students – Australian scholarships for international students undertaking the Masters in Integrated Water Management program at the University of Queensland in Brisbane.
- The Northcote Graduate Scholarship – A scholarship for UK students to undertake a postgraduate degree in Australia for up to three years. Administered by the Britain-Australia Society on behalf of the Northcote Trust.
- Fulbright Program – The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers scholarships to American citizens across all career stages. Awardees take part in an academic and cultural exchange, pursuing research or study at an Australian institution, experiencing life in Australia, and bringing back their knowledge and experience to share with their communities in the U.S.