Start your educational journey in the Netherlands. International students may apply for fully financed master’s and short course scholarships under the Netherlands Government Scholarships 2023–2024 program. The Netherlands Government Scholarship Orange Knowledge Program provides free housing, tuition, visa costs, round-trip airline tickets, and health insurance. This scholarship aims to support the development of individual and organizational skills, knowledge, and performance in the fields of higher education and vocational training as well as in related fields that are important to the program countries. On July 1st, 2017, the Netherlands Fellowship Programs (NFP) began a new phase as a brand-new initiative known as Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs launched and completely funds OKP.
Netherlands Government Scholarship Summary
• Level of Study: Masters / Short Courses
• Institution(s): Various Institutes in the Netherlands (Studyfinder)
• Study in: Netherlands
• Program Period: Short courses (duration 2 weeks to 12 months). Master’s programmers (duration 12 – 24 months).
• Round 1 – for master’s and short courses
• Accepting applications between February – March 2023.
• Both master’s and short courses should start between July and November 2023.
• Round 2 – for short courses
• Accepting applications between May – June 2023.
• Courses should start between November and February 2024.
• Round 3 – for short courses
• Accepting applications between August – October 2023.
• Courses should start from February 2023 onward and must be completed before August 2023.
Netherlands Government Scholarship Courses
• All courses that are eligible for an Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship for this application round are listed in Studyfinder.
• Please note that there are focus areas for each country, which are taken into consideration when scholarship applications are nominated and assessed. Applications that fall within the focus areas for a specific country are given priority: Country focus document Orange Knowledge Program.
Netherlands Government Scholarship is fully funded.
• Free costs of living
• Free tuition fees
• Free visa
• Free roundtrip travel tickets
• Free Health insurance
• Thesis Research Grant
Eligibility Criteria Netherlands Government Scholarship
To be eligible for Netherlands Government Scholarship, these points should be considered:
• Required Languages: English
• Eligible Countries: The scholarship applicant holds the nationality of and is resident and working in one of the countries on the OKP Country list (see the document Country List for Short courses and Masters ).
• The scholarship applicant works for one of the following types of national or local organizations: ministries, secondary or higher vocational or academic education institutions, universities, the private sector, commissions, or NGOs.
• The scholarship applicant may not work for: a bilateral or multilateral organization, a non-governmental organization that is internationally active and is focused on representing social interests, such as development cooperation, nature, environmental protection, health, or human rights.
• The scholarship application is a professional who, in light of his/her
(1) role,(2) multiple years of relevant work experience and(3) networks within a theme relevant to local development, is in a position or through his/her employer could be put in a position to apply what he/she has learned in practice.
• The scholarship applicant holds a valid identity document.
• The scholarship applicant has been admitted to the course or program for which he/she wishes an OKP scholarship.
• The scholarship applicant has provided a government statement with the scholarship application if this is required by the local government (see the document government statement requirement).
• The scholarship applicant demonstrates that the requested co-funding percentage is available to fund the study.
• The employer of the scholarship applicant supports the scholarship application through a positive reference, declares that it will continue to pay the salary of the scholarship recipient during the program and after his/her return will allow the scholarship recipient to apply what he/she has learned in practice.
How to Apply for Netherlands Government Scholarship?
Please follow the following step-by-step application procedure to avail Netherlands Government Scholarship:
(1) Find a course or master’s Program that is eligible for the scholarship. You can find the eligible courses in the study Program database www.studyfinder.nl, specifying in the search criteria: ‘OKP qualified: Yes.
(2) Contact the Dutch higher education institution that is offering the course for information on:
• The course content.• The scholarship application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution).• The scholarship application and selection procedures.• The online application form and the required application documents.
(3) Prepare your application and the supporting documents.
(4) Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course.
To know more about Netherlands Government Scholarship, please visit the official website: Official Website
Get Free Support to Win This Opportunity Now
We publish both currently open and yet-to-open annual opportunities. So it is important to stick around so that you will receive subsequent alerts and support for every opportunity you are interested in; don’t miss out! If you want to study abroad on scholarship and would like to increase your chances of winning this scholarship when it opens or any other scholarship opportunity that you may be interested in that appeared on this website, here is good news for you. We have a team of great writers and reviewers who have helped many people win mouth-watering scholarships and many other global opportunities that have volunteered to provide you with tailored support to craft a compelling application for any selected opportunity. To get started, join our telegram group by clicking HERE and our Facebook Page HERE. You can also join our new group HERE.
Also apply for
- Study in the USA: Harvard University MBA Scholarship 2023
- Study in Japan: Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023-2024 (Fully Funded)
- Study in Canada: York University Scholarships 2023 | Fully Funded
- Upcoming: Application for the Netherlands Government Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- University of Fraser Valley International Emergency Fund Scholarship – Canada
- University of British Columbia Sauder Masters Scholarships – Canada
- University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2023
- 67 Scholarships for International Students to Watch in 2023/2024
- 11 US Embassy Recommended Student Grants And Scholarship For International Student
- Harvard University Scholarship for B.Sc, Master’s & Ph.D Programs
- Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students at Columbia College
- International Student Scholarships at Brigham Young University
- Global Education Planning Scholarships Funds at the Arizona State University
- Humane Studies Graduate Sabbatical Grants at George Mason University
- International Student Presidential Merit Scholarships in Seattle USA