A request for ideas for exceptional collaborative research projects in all scientific domains is being released by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) and the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC, previously the Ministry of Science and Technology MOST).
This program intends to unite competitive and pertinent researchers from Taiwan and Germany to plan and execute joint research initiatives. The NSTC must be contacted for monies needed by the Taiwanese side, and the DFG must be contacted for money needed by the German side. The integrated nature of proposed projects is given particular consideration, from the idea through the work plan. Only projects that demonstrate a strong partnership between the German and Taiwanese partners and for which the projected research impact is clearly specified are eligible for funding. Research funding for the chosen joint projects will be provided for up to three years.
- Research grants enable individuals to conduct, at any time, research projects with clearly defined topics and durations, regardless of the subject.
- The DFG Head Office staff will be happy to advise you, especially if your proposal does not seem to fit into the module system.
- A total of €1,000 per funding year and applicant can be requested.
- Duration: The maximum initial funding duration is three years. Subsequently, a renewal proposal may be submitted.
- Applicants from Taiwan are required to fulfil all requirements for funding and follow the general regulations of NSTC.
- Researchers in Germany, or those working at a German research institution abroad, who have completed their academic training (a doctorate as a rule) are eligible to apply for DFG research grants.
- In general you are not eligible to submit a proposal if you work at an institution that is not non-profit or one that does not allow immediate publication of research findings in a generally accessible form.
- Researchers who are employed at one of the institutes or member organisations of the Max Planck Society, Fraunhofer Society, Helmholtz Association or Leibniz Association, researchers working at a publicly funded institute associated with one of these organisations, and researchers working at international research facilities located in Germany should note the rules on the duty to cooperate.
For more information, visit
Get Free Support to Win This Opportunity Now
Also apply for
- Study in the USA: Harvard University MBA Scholarship 2023
- Study in Japan: Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023-2024 (Fully Funded)
- Study in Canada: York University Scholarships 2023 | Fully Funded
- Upcoming: Application for the Netherlands Government Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- University of Fraser Valley International Emergency Fund Scholarship – Canada
- University of British Columbia Sauder Masters Scholarships – Canada
- University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2023
- 67 Scholarships for International Students to Watch in 2023/2024
- 11 US Embassy Recommended Student Grants And Scholarship For International Student
- Harvard University Scholarship for B.Sc, Master’s & Ph.D Programs
- Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students at Columbia College
- International Student Scholarships at Brigham Young University
- Global Education Planning Scholarships Funds at the Arizona State University
- Humane Studies Graduate Sabbatical Grants at George Mason University
- International Student Presidential Merit Scholarships in Seattle USA