The application period for the Finland Government Scholarships 2023-24 for International Students has begun. The Finnish Government offers scholarships to students who are enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree programs. Candidates residing in regions outside than the European Union may submit an application. All candidates from throughout the globe, except those from the EU and EEA, are eligible for this scholarship. This is a fantastic chance to get financial support to pursue higher education in Finland in 2023.
The Ministry of Education and Culture of Finland provides funding for the Finland Scholarships. One of the countries that make up Europe is Finland. In September of 2023, both the classes and the new semester will get underway. In this, we will provide you with comprehensive information on the Finland Scholarships for International students. First you must choose a university and a major of study before you can submit an application for admission to a university. Once you have been accepted into the program, you are eligible to submit an application for a scholarship in Finland that is fully funded by the Finnish government. The specifics are described in the following.
Details About Finland Government Scholarships 2023 for International Students
- Country: Finland
- Degree Level: Bachelor, Master
- Financial Coverage: Funded
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 18th January 2023
Some Information on Finland Scholarships 2023-24
- Finland country is home to Great Universities.
- This is a Joint Application. Joint Application means that you can apply for a maximum of six programs in a Single application. You don’t need to apply separately.
- There is No Application Fee, applying is always Free.
- Many courses are in English.
- 500 English-taught Bachelor’s and Master’s programs in more than 13 universities and 22 universities of applied sciences.
Recommended: Browse all current scholarship opportunities and feel free to ask for support towards completing your application process.
Financial Coverage by Finland Government
- All the universities in Finland offer various percentages of the Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarship OR the Tuition Fee + Monthly Stipend Scholarship (Fully Funded).
- Read about the Funding details Here
- Note: No Separate Application is required for the Finland Government Scholarship. By default, your application will be considered for a scholarship.
Names of Universities, Study Fields, and Programs
Look, there is a total of 22 Applied Sciences Universities Participating in this Program and 13 Universities more too. Both offer different study fields. Currently, there are 30,000 International students studyin30,000 International students are studyingg in Finland.
University of Applied Sciences:
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, and Veterinary
- Business, Administration, and Law
- Engineering, Manufacturing, and Construction
- Health and Welfare
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICTS)
- Services (hospitality management, logistics, security, sports studies)
- Social Sciences, Journalism, and Information
- Agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and veterinary
- Business, administration, and law
- Engineering, manufacturing, and construction
- Health and welfare
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICTS)
- Natural sciences, Mathematics, Statistics
- Services (Military Science, sport science)
- Social sciences, journalism, and information
We have mentioned the links to the Eligibility Criteria, so you can check from there.
- For Bachelor, Master, and PhD Criteria: Visit Here
Application Process for Finland Government Scholarships 2023
- You need to shortlist a Program or field that you want to study, and then you have to shortlist the University.
- You do not need to contact Professors or anyone else.
- A list of all Finnish Universities can be found in the following link (Visit Here)
- Your First step should start from here
- How to apply, application dates, eligibility, and more information are mentioned on the official website. The Link to the online application is given below.
Applying for higher education degree studies in Finland is done online at Studyinfo. fi.
At the Studyinfo.fi application portal you can find for example:
- the national database of English-taught degree program options
- the application process explained in detail
- an FAQ section to find answers to many commonly asked questions
If you need advice on your application, get in touch with the Admissions Services of the university you are applying to. You can find their contact details at Studyinfo.fi, or on the universities’ own admissions info pages.
There is no application fee, applying is always free.
How to apply
The application route and period depends on the degree program , so always start by searching for the study ps) you’d wish to apply to. After choosing your program (s), it is easy for you to check the application period and other admission-related details with those particular universities you are interested in.
The Studyinfo.fi joint application to studies starting in autumn (September) is arranged annually in January (4–18 Jan programs023). All degree programmes available via the joint application share the same application period. The joint application also means you can apply to up to six-degreeprograms programmes with one application.
A small number of individual degree may also offer a January study start option. To these, the joint application period is usually open in September (31 Aug–14 Sept in 2022). Note however that the September joint application for studies starting in January has a rather limited selection of programs on offer compared to the January joint application.
Some degree programmes cprogramsan have their application periods open before or after the joint application periods. You can read more about separate applications at Studyinfo.fi. In separate applications, the application period can vary a lot depending on the program.
In many cases, the separate application periods fall between the period from late November/early December to late January, for studies starting in autumn, but some universities/UAS’s may also offer application options through rolling admissions over several months. So, as there is a lot of variation in “separate application” periods, it is always recommendable to check the exact application period with the university/UAS of your choice.
When applying for bachelor’s programmes, you usuallprogramsy need to hold such school-leaving certificates that make you eligible to apply for higher education in your home country. You’ll need your upper secondary school certificates, even if you have completed some higher education studies after that.
For master’s level admissions, you need to have completed a university-level bachelor’s degree, or equivalent. For a UAS master’s, there is an additional requirement of at least 2 years of work experience in the field after completing one’s bachelor’s degree.
The exact requirements may vary from one-degree programme to another, so always check the details with the university and degree programme you are interested in. For example, if you are an eligible applicant, you may additionally be required to complete an entrance exam, SAT test, or an interview.
If English is not your first language, you may need to demonstrate your English proficiency level. IELTS and TOEFL are the most commonly accepted options, but many institutions also offer others. Check the English proficiency test requirements and any possible exemption rules with the university you are applying to.
After the application period and any entrance exams are over, the universities you’ve applied to will process your application and make a final admission decision. The admissions decision schedule is available in the Studyinfo.fi programme description.
Once you have been accepted as a student, you will receive an official letter of admission from the institution in question. Remember to follow the guidelines given by the university to confirm your study place. Note that you can only accept one study place per term, even if you receive several offers.
Recommended: Browse all opportunities and let us help you apply.